Full Time Associate News Director
Posted: 09/23/16 19:12
Associate News Director
Compensation by the hour overtime does apply.
Must exhibit good local news instincts supervised by the News Director.
Good to excellent writing and presentation skills punctuality, attendance as well a professional dress and temperament will be equally considered as well as the ability to execute the core duties listed below.
- Clean driving record/Drivers License
- Good Communication Skills
- Attention to detail
General Duties Responsibilities and Skills:
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to use digital editing program such as Adobe Audition
- Gather news of local/area interest for broadcast, based on community needs and interests.
- Deliver daily newscasts as needed.
- Exercise the ability and judgment in choosing broadcast stories appropriate to the target and audience coverage area of the Platte River Radio Station in question.
- Primarily a 40-hour Monday-Friday workweek, however weekend news coverage involving breaking news/weather will be expected as needed.
- Monitor for breaking news and weather to ensure proper live coverage as warranted.
- Develop and cultivate news sources.
- Aid in news/sports updates on websites and social media as needed.
- Aid in recruitment of local figures to bring in special public service programming and announcements that will both fill a community need and compliment the sound of the station.
- Aid in keeping records of news and public affairs efforts used in the quarterly issues report for the FCC Public File.
- Abilities that are helpful not required for initial hire include, on air host commercial production
- Any other duties assigned by management.
Send materials illustrating your skillset include audio, writing samples resume to:
Plate River Radio Inc.
500 East J Street
Hastings, NE 68901
or e-mail email@example.com
Board Op Fall 2016
Part-Time help needed: In-studio high school sports help
Basic computer knowledge & drivers license are required, sports knowledge helpful, but no experience necessary will train. What exactly will you be doing? You would be helping place High School games on air, and playing our game sponsor commercials during breaks taken by our sports broadcasters. Its a great opportunity for High School or College students, work hours would consist of Thursday/Friday/Saturday evenings approximately 5pm-10pm; hours vary depending on game schedules. Other days and times would also be available as needed. Please stop by Platte River Radio, Inc at 403 E 25th St. Kearney, NE to fill out an application, or email Merritt@espnsuperstation.com