Free Concerts in Grand Island Park
The City of Grand Island Parks and Recreation Department invites citizens to enjoy free nights of entertainment throughout the summer which are slated as part of the concert in the parks series. A lawn chair or blanket is all residents will need to enjoy these Thursday evening free concerts. New bands and music styles are part of the 2012 concert series.
For more information about the summer concert series, contact the Parks and Recreation Office at 308-385-5444 ext. 290.
- The Czech Friends Band will perform on June 21, from 7:30 to 8:30p.m. at the Nebraska Veterans Home. Traditional polkas will be enjoyed by all event-goers.
- From 8 to 9 p.m. on June 28, The Kava’s Polish Band, will perform at Grace Abbott Park. Park-goers should wear dancing shoes to dance to this upbeat and lively polka music.
- On July 5, the Adams Family & Friends band, will be the show of the evening at the Nebraska Veterans Home from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. The band performs a variety of big-band style music sure to put a tap in anyone’s step.
- Off the Grind will be performing on July 12 from 8 to 9 p.m. at Buechler Park. This band will play an electric mix of jazz, blues, country, folk, pop, standards, and classic and rock.
- The Knights of Rhythm will be featured at Grace Abbott Park from 8 to 9 p.m. on July 19. This band will perform a variety of big-band style music which all music lovers are sure to enjoy.
- The concert series wraps up on July 26, with live entertainment from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Downtown Kauffman Park at 3rd and Wheeler Streets.